Cook Time: 35 minutes
This creamy, lactose-free broccoli soup recipe is made with rice, broth, veggies and LACTAID® milk! You'll love how this hearty and healthy soup warms you up on a cold day.
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
¼ cup uncooked rice
3 cups chopped broccoli
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Black pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, combine onion, carrot, celery, garlic and chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add rice to the soup pot, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Once rice is tender, add broccoli, cover and simmer and cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Using either an immersion blender or a regular blender with an opening, process until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and add LACTAID® Fat-Free Lactose-Free Milk, thyme, and pepper, and heat slowly. Do not boil.
- Serve hot or cold.