Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Made with shallots, shredded chicken, LACTAID® Milk and naturally low-in lactose cheddar cheese, these cheesy chicken crescent rolls make a delicious meal or dinner appetizer that won’t cause discomfort!
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large saucepan, cook the shallots in the butter over medium/low heat stirring frequently until soft.
- Sprinkle the flour into the shallot mixture and whisk until smooth and bubbling.
- Whisk in the broth and LACTAID® Milk. Let simmer over low heat stirring frequently until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese, half of the salt and half of the pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the chicken with 1/4 cup of cheese and the rest of the salt and pepper.
- On a flat surface, roll out crescent dough with the point away from you. Place a tablespoon of the chicken mixture into the widest part of the dough. Roll the crescent dough and chicken mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining crescents. Any leftover chicken mixture can be added to the cheese sauce.
- Place the rolls in a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Spoon the sauce over the crescents and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until the crescents are cooked through and the cheese is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
*3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese contains only 0.2 grams of lactose. Source: USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference Release 26