Prep Time: 45 minutes
Makers of LACTAID® Brand Products
Try this easy homemade lasagna recipe for your next family meal! Made with LACTAID® Cottage Cheese, Italian sausage, tomatoes and more, this lasagna is lactose-free and full of flavor that the whole family will enjoy!
1 box (around 15 pieces) lasagna noodles
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cup diced onion
1 ½ cups (12 ounce) sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1 ¼ pound italian sausage (not rope)
1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
2 large eggs
¼ cup parmesan cheese
½ pound shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook lasagna according to package direction. Set aside on sprayed parchment paper.
- Place the olive oil, onions, mushrooms, salt and italian herbs into a large saucepan and cook on medium burner, stirring frequently. Cook until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Drain vegetables well in a collander. Add them into the pot and cook for an aditional 5 minutes. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, totmato paste and fresh basil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set sauce aside.
- Brown the sausage until done and drain the grease. Add the cooked sausage to the tomato sauce.
- Place the LACTAID® Cottage Cheese in a collander and drain the excess of liquid, stirring with a spatula.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the LACTAID® Cottage Cheese, eggs and parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 15x10-inch baking dish with vegetable spray and layer 5 of the lasagna noodles, one of the will be perpendicular. Ladle ½ of the LACTAID® Cottage Cheese on top and spread evenly. Sprinkle ⅓ of the shredded mozarella on top. Dollop ⅓ of the sauce on top and spread evenly. Place 5 more lasagna noodles on top and repeat the previous steps. Place the last 5 lasagna noodles on top, spread the last ⅓ of the sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Wrap with aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes. Take off foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let lasagna rest a few minutes before cutting.