Poaching chicken in LACTAID® 2% Milk is an easy way to have juicy, flavorful chicken breast ready in no time. The chicken is infused with thyme, sage and lemon and topped with a creamy,
nutty tahini sauce that pairs perfectly with tender wild rice. Garnish with fresh thyme and extra lemon zest for an extra pop of flavor and color.
- Combine rice, water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- When the water begins to boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pot.
- Simmer until water is evaporated.
- Fluff with a fork. Set Aside until ready to serve.
Milk Poached Chicken
- Add LACTAID® 2% to a large, cold saucepan.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and submerge them in LACTAID® 2% Milk in one even layer. Milk should just cover the surface of the chicken breasts.
- Place thyme, sage, garlic and zest in the pan.
- Over medium heat bring mixture to a simmer.
- Once the milk begins to simmer, cover the saucepan and cook the chicken on low for about 12 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked through, use tongs to remove the chicken and place on a cutting board to rest.
- Ladle ¼ cup of milk mixture into a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together tahini and flour. Add the reserved cooking liquid and mix until a paste like consistency is formed.
- Add paste mixture into the cooking liquid and whisk until thoroughly combined. Cook for about 5 more minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Thinly slice chicken and arrange over wild rice. Top with cream sauce and garnish with fresh thyme.