Ice cream sandwiches:
Your choice of: (optional)*
- Melt the butter in a microwave in 20-second intervals. Allow to cool completely, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugars, flour, shortening, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Scoop the dough using a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop or cup measurer. Flatten with the palm of your hand, then coat the cookie in cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes on a greased baking sheet. Allow to cool completely.
*Note: Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrition analysis.