- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat 1 1/2 cups LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk, sugar, and salt just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F). Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface of dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 12 portions. Shape each portion into an oval about 4 inches long. Pull and pinch ends slightly. Sprinkle cornmeal over 1 large greased baking sheet. Transfer rolls to baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to make a cut about 1/4 inch deep lengthwise down the center of each roll. Cover and let rise until nearly double in size (30 to 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. In a small bowl combine egg white and 1 tablespoon LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk. Brush some of the egg white mixture over the tops and sides of rolls.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Brush again with some of the egg white mixture. Bake about 10 minutes more or until golden brown. Remove rolls from baking sheet. Cool on wire racks.