Made with lactose-free milk and cheese and seasoned with garlic and chicken broth, this lactose-free alfredo sauce recipe has all the cheesy creaminess you crave with none of the discomfort. Plus, once you nail down how to make it you can use it for a lactose-free twist on your favorite fettuccini or chicken alfredo recipes.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup parmesan cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon black pepper
LACTAID® Lactose-Free Whole Milk
- Place olive oil and butter in a large saucepan. Turn burner to medium-low and melt the butter.
- Add garlic and simmer for about a minute.
- Stir in the flour until fully incorporated and cook the roux for a minute.
- Whisk in LACTAID® Lactose-Free Whole Milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- When the sauce starts to thicken, stir in the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Toss the lactose-free alfredo sauce with pasta and serve.