Recipe by: Makers of LACTAID® Brand Products
Yield: 12 servings
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 tablespoons unsalted margarine
2 cups all-purpose flour
7 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped, dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In large bowl whisk LACTAID® Fat Free Milk, eggs, vanilla and margarine together.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, 6 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Stir in cherries. Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among the lined muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, firm to the touch and tests clean with a toothpick, about 20 minutes. Cool on a rack to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 5.53g
Calories from Fat 49.30kcal
Saturated Fat 1.18g
Total Carbohydrate 25.39g
Dietary Fiber .87g