- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In large bowl whisk LACTAID® Fat Free Milk, eggs, vanilla and margarine together.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, 6 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Stir in cherries. Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among the lined muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, firm to the touch and tests clean with a toothpick, about 20 minutes. Cool on a rack to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.