This creamy mushroom sauce, with the great taste of bacon, will take your chicken dinner from average to amazing.
- In a large sauté pan, cook bacon over medium high heat, until crisp, about five minutes. Remove bacon and set aside, reserving fat in pan. Add half the olive oil to the pan.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the flour, gently patting the flour into the chicken.
- Brown the chicken in pan until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and set on a plate.
- Add the remaining oil, the onion and the mushrooms, and cook over medium high heat until softened, stirring occasionally about five minutes. Add the thyme and garlic, and cook another minute, or until fragrant. Salt and pepper, and sprinkle on the remaining tablespoon of flour and stir well.
- Turn heat up to high, and deglaze the pan with the wine, and let bubble until wine disappears (about 20 seconds). Reduce heat to medium, add the stock, peas, LACTAID® Whole Milk, and chicken, and let simmer, gently stirring, until sauce begins to thicken, and chicken is cooked through, about three minutes.
- Serve with bulgur wheat, quinoa or noodles.