- Heat about 2 cups of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat (There should be about 1/2 inch of oil in the pan. It will appear to shimmer on the surface when it is ready).
- Mix the eggs and LACTAID® Milk together in a large shallow pan.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper in a second large shallow pan.
- Coat the tomato slices first with the egg mixture and then dredge them in the flour mixture, coating well.
- Fry the tomatoes about 4 to 5 slices at a time, in the hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Drain tomatoes on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Add more oil to the pan as necessary
- To serve, season to taste with additional seasoned salt and arrange on a serving platter.
For a reduced sodium version, use 2 tbsp. seasoned salt.