Giant Blueberry Muffins
Treat yourself to these giant lactose-free muffins loaded with blueberries.
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs
½ cup melted butter or cooking oil*
1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, thawed
Coarse sugar (optional)
LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease six 3 ½-inch muffin cups or line with large paper bake cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk, butter or oil, and orange peel (if using). Add all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about ⅔ full. If desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in muffin cups on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
If you prefer standard-size muffins, spoon the batter into twelve 2 ½-inch muffin cups and bake in a 375 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until golden.
© Copyright 2007, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.