This lactose free mashed potatoes recipe made with LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk makes the perfect dinner party dish that everyone at the table can enjoy! We recommend adding chives and rotisserie chicken for some extra flavor!
4 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup chopped chives
Salt and pepper
Bouillon concentrated paste, optional
2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt, optional
LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water (optional: for added flavor swap out part of water with broth, or add a spoonful of bouillon concentrated paste such as Better Than Bouillon).
- Add salt, bring to a boil, and cook just until the potatoes fall off a fork when pierced, about 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, warm the ¾ cup LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk in a small sauce pan on low heat. Stir occasionally to avoid scalding the milk.
- Drain the potatoes, and press through a potato ricer into a large bowl.
- Mix in the butter, yogurt (optional), warmed LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk and chives to blend.
- Add a tablespoon or 2 extra LACTAID® if necessary to obtain desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Add suggested topping, if desired:
- Chopped Brussels Sprouts, tossed with olive oil and fish sauce and roasted until crisp
- Crispy sautéed pancetta, baby peas and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Rotisserie chicken, a drizzle of barbecue sauce and chopped pickles
- Grocery store package of slaw and frozen fish sticks
- Chopped crispy bacon and a little shredded Swiss cheese (low-lactose), and stick under the broiler to gratinee
- Add a tablespoon of chipotle in adobo sauce or harissa into the mashed potatoes when making the recipe, and top with pork carnitas or rotisserie chicken and chopped tomatoes
- Top with sauerkraut, bratwurst and a drizzle of spicy mustard