This lactose free mashed potatoes recipe made with Lactaid milk makes the perfect dinner party dish that everyone at the table can enjoy! We recommend adding chives and rotisserie chicken for some extra flavor!
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water (optional: for added flavor swap out part of water with broth, or add a spoonful of bouillon concentrated paste such as Better Than Bouillon).
- Add salt, bring to a boil, and cook just until the potatoes fall off a fork when pierced, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, and press through a potato ricer into a large bowl.
- Mix in the butter, yogurt (optional), warmed Lactaid milk and chives to blend.
- Add a tablespoon or 2 extra Lactaid if necessary to obtain desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add suggested topping, if desired:
- - Chopped Brussels Sprouts, tossed with olive oil and fish sauce and roasted until crisp
- - Crispy sautéed pancetta, baby peas and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- - Rotisserie chicken, a drizzle of barbecue sauce and chopped pickles
- - Grocery store package of slaw and frozen fish sticks
- - Chopped crispy bacon and a little shredded Swiss cheese (low-lactose), and stick under the broiler to gratinee
- - Add a tablespoon of chipotle in adobo sauce or harissa into the mashed potatoes when making the recipe, and top with pork carnitas or rotisserie chicken and chopped tomatoes
- - Top with sauerkraut, bratwurst and a drizzle of spicy mustard