2 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups LACTAID® Fat Free Milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat pork dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over high heat and brown pork on all sides - about 5 minutes.
- Add LACTAID® Fat Free Milk and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Continue to cook pork, partially covered, at a bare simmer until very tender, about 1 hour.
- Put pork on a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Season cooking liquid with salt, pepper and garlic powder and boil for 2 minutes.
- Thinly slice pork and pour cooking liquid on top.