Rich and creamy, this delectable acorn squash soup is made with lactose-free LACTAID® Protein Milk so it comes with an extra boost of protein. Savory thyme, sage, and onion compliment the sweet acorn squash to make a soup that will warm you up from the inside out.
Squash Bowls (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds. Peel the carrots and cut them in half.
- Drizzle the squash and carrots lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 20-40 minutes or until the flesh is soft and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, lightly sauté the onion for 3-5 minutes or until aromatic.
- Scoop the roasted acorn squash out of the skin and add to the pot, along with the carrots, herbs, spices, and vegetable stock.
- Bring up to a gentle simmer and then blend using an immersion blender until mostly smooth.
- Add in the LACTAID® Protein 2% Reduced Fat Milk and blend again until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with a little drizzle of milk and roasted pumpkin seeds if desired.
Optional Squash Bowls
- Heat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the tops off the acorn squash and carefully remove the seeds, making sure to keep the bottom of the squash intact.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 20-30 minutes until the squash is just tender but still holding its shape.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.