- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan with vegetable spray.
- In a small saucepan, heat poppy seeds and LACTAID® (R) Fat Free Milk just to the boiling point. Remove from heat before it actually boils, set aside, and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Cream the margarine and sugar with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one until well combined. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add this to the margarine mixture alternating with poppy seed/LACTAID(R) Fat Free Milk mixture. Begin and end with the dry mixture. Stir just enough to blend thoroughly, adding the vanilla, lemon juice and lemon rind at the end. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then invert on a rack. Let stand until completely cooled.