#MilkTheMoments - Comfort food for the soul - an appetizer or side dish the whole family can enjoy
For the sweet potato fries:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminium foil or parchment paper then place pans in the oven to warm.
- Scrub then cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch sticks. Add to a sheet tray and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
For the creamy mushroom gravy:
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat until melted. Whisk in flour and cook for 3 minutes, whisking until flour is absorbed.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute for 5 minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add LACTAID® 2% Milk and whisk constantly until the mixture is thick and smooth, about 10 minutes. Add salt and black pepper.
- Pour gravy over the fries.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and LACTAID® cheese curds*.
*Option to add LACTAID® “Cheese Curds” to make more like poutine: Take 1 cup of LACTAID® Cottage Cheese and add to a nut milk bag or cheesecloth. Squeeze the excess water out and add to gravy-covered fries.