This unique salad is a colorful combination of complementary textures and flavors. Tender lettuce and string beans come together with sweet roasted beets, crunchy cornbread croutons, bacon and creamy buttermilk dressing, which gets an extra bit of flavor from the goat cheese. It is as pretty as it is delicious and your guests will surely enjoy it. You can serve the salad in a large serving bowl or plate it individually.
- Prepare Dressing. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a large bowl, mixing until smooth. (The cheese might still be somewhat lumpy, but that is fine). Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Blanch String Beans. Bring water to a boil, and cook string beans for approximately 2 minutes. Drain and dry with paper towels.
- Make Salad. Combine the lettuce, string beans, croutons and bacon in a large bowl. Pour about half of the dressing overtop and toss gently to coat.
- To Serve: Evenly divide salad onto 12 individual plates. Divide the beets evenly and sprinkle with goat cheese.
* For a healthier version, use light mayonnaise.