Cantaloupe Panna Cotta
Recipe by: Tastemade
Cool down this summer with a cold, homemade gelatin dessert. This light and airy Cantaloupe Panna Cotta is made with 100% real milk, just without the lactose, so you can enjoy a refreshing summer fruit dessert with no discomfort.
¼ cup fresh orange juice, from 1 to 2 oranges
1 pack gelatin (¼ ounce packet)
2 cups chopped cantaloupe
3 tablespoons monk fruit, raw
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
Garnish: cantaloupe balls, lime zest
LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk
- In a medium saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the orange juice and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Place the cantaloupe in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer and add the puree and monk fruit to the pot. Cook the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring until it begins to simmer and the gelatin has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk, lime juice, vanilla and salt.
- Pour the mixture into 4 coupe glasses and place in the refrigerator to chill until set, about 2 hours.
- To serve, garnish with fresh cantaloupe balls and lime zest.