Cauliflower in Creamy Garlic Sauce
It can be hard to find a healthy, yet delicious, side dish that’s also lactose-free. Look no further than this cauliflower recipe that is made in a lactose-free creamy garlic sauce. It makes a great healthy side dish that won’t cause any discomfort – so everyone can enjoy!
2 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablestoon chopped onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Black pepper to taste
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
LACTAID® Fat-Free Lactose-Free Milk
- Steam fresh cauliflower until tender but crisp. If using frozen cauliflower, prepare according to package directions.
- Heat oil in small saucepan over low heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring often until onion is softened.
- Whisk in flour, whisking constantly, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add LACTAID® Fat-Free Lactose-Free Milk, pepper and parsley. Whisk until thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour over cauliflower. Garnish with parsley sprinkled on top.