- Prepare shortcake. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch round cake pan with butter. Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening until it resembles small pebbles. Add LACTAID® Low Fat Milk and the beaten egg. Stir just until a dough forms. Place dough in prepared cake pan and shape to fit.
- Bake shortcake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside on wire rack until ready to assemble.
- Prepare Pudding. Stir together the sugar, cornstarch and salt in small bowl. Pour LACTAID® Chocolate Low Fat Milk into a medium-size sauce pan and whisk in sugar mixture. Mix well. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until mixture begins to thicken, about 3-4 minutes. Add bananas. Simmer over low heat 1-2 minutes and add vanilla and butter. Stir well. Pour into a heat proof dish and chill 45-50 minutes.
- Mix together sliced strawberries and sugar. Set aside.
- Assemble shortcake. Cut shortcake in half (horizontally). Remove top half. Place shortcake bottom on a serving dish. Spread half of the chocolate banana pudding on the bottom half of the shortcake. Top with about half of the strawberries. Place shortcake top on the berries.
- Pour remaining pudding over the shortcake. Top with remaining strawberries. Serve immediately.