Chocolate Crepe Layer Cake with Cookies and Creme
Recipe by: Marcela Valladolid
Get ready to impress your friends and family with the delicious layers of this crepe layer cake!
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
¾ tablespoon canola oil
½ cups cocoa powder
Pinch of kosher salt
¼ cup water
2 cups dark chocolate chip
Fresh strawberries, for garnish
LACTAID® Lactose-Free Whole Milk
LACTAID® Lactose-Free Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
- In a blender, combine flour, 3 cups LACTAID® Lactose-Free Whole Milk, eggs, 1 ½ cups sugar, vanilla, oil, cocoa, salt and water. Blend until ingredients are smooth. Refrigerate crepe batter for about an hour.
- Heat a lightly greased non-stick pan, pour about 3 tablespoons of batter into center of the pan. Pick up pan and lightly tilt until batter has evenly coated bottom of pan. Cook until top of crepe dries up, turn over and cook for about 20 seconds longer. Stack crepes on a plate coated with wax paper. Repeat process until there is no batter left. Refrigerate crepes when done with batter.
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate chips, ½ cup sugar, and 1 cup milk over low heat. Frequently stir with a wooden spoon. Cook until chocolate has melted completely. Set aside.
- To assemble the crepe cake, let ice cream stand at room temperature allowing it to start melting (about 10 minutes) until it is spreadable. Place a crepe on a plate and spread with LACTAID® Lactose-Free Cookies & Cream Ice Cream in the center of crepe. Keep stacking and repeating the process.
- Refrigerate for about 6 hours. Add chocolate mixture (fudge) on top of layer cake and serve.