Rich and decadent, this moist chocolate cake is everything you’d expect from a cake made with lactose-free chocolate milk. And when you cover it in silky chocolate glaze, you’ve got a lactose-free chocolate dessert that simply can’t be beat.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until fully combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture gradually, alternating with the LACTAID® Chocolate Milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture.
- Do not over mix. A few streaks of flour remaining is fine.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a wooden spoon or large spatula to stir in the hot water, being careful not to over mix the batter.
- Spray a 10-15 cup Bundt pan generously with non-stick baking spray. Be careful to cover the entire pan but do not allow the spray to pool in the bottom. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt.
- Tap the pan three times firmly on the countertop to release any air bubbles.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean or with a few crumbs remaining. Do not over bake or the cake will be dry.
- Remove the cake from the oven and set on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes release the cake from the pan by inverting it onto a platter or cooling rack. If the cake does not easily release, keep the cake in the Bundt mold and flip it back over to rest for 5 more minutes.
- Cool the cake completely before adding the glaze.
- To make the glaze whisk together all of the ingredients. If too thin, add more confectioners sugar. If too thick, add more chocolate milk. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake.