- Preheat oven to 325° F. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, using a hand mixer on high, mix together the egg with the sugars until fluffy and creamy.
- Add oil and vanilla and mix on medium until smooth. Add half the flour mixture at a time to the wet ingredients and mix on low just to incorporate. Add the LACTAID® Milk, and the other half of the dry ingredients, and mix on low until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Cut an 8” round of parchment paper. Spray a round cake pan with nonstick spray, place in the fitted parchment paper, and spray again.
- Pour in batter, and bake for 30 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly pressed with your finger.
- Cool for 30 minutes in pan, then flip over and empty onto cooking rack and let cool completely (upside down; this will minimize cake top dome shape).