Coffee and cinnamon add a delicious twist to this classic dessert!
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
½ cup water
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Add Lactaid to your shopping list
LACTAID® Fat-Free Lactose-Free Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt ½ cup of sugar slowly in a heavy saucepan, until the sugar has caramelized and turns a golden-brown color.
- Pour caramelized sugar into a 9x13-inch pan or a 1 ½ quart souffle dish, and swirl so that it completely covers the bottom of the pan.
- Beat the eggs slightly with the remaining ⅓ cup of sugar. Add the LACTAID® Fat-Free Lactose-Free Milk slowly, while stirring. Add the vanilla, the instant coffee dissolved in water, and the cinnamon. Strain and slowly pour the strained mixture carefully into the prepared pan.
- Place the dish in a pan of lukewarm water. The water should come to ⅔ of the dish and should never boil during the baking.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Immediately remove from oven and let cool in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving.
- To serve, run a knife around the edge of the flan; place a serving platter with a rim upside down on top of the dish and invert. The flan will easily slide out and the caramel sauce will run onto the platter. To serve, cut into wedges; spoon on sauce.
Serving Size: ⅙ flan
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 5g
Calories from Fat 41
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
Dietary Fiber .1g