Delicious Cinnamon Rolls
These caramel-coated rolls are well worth the effort!
3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
⅓ cup butter
⅓ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
⅔ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup butter
2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ cup chopped nuts
½ cup raisins (optional)
LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 ½ cups of the flour and yeast; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Lactose-Free Milk, ⅓ cup butter, granulated sugar, and salt until warm (120 to 130 degrees F) and butter is almost melted.
- Add milk mixture to the flour and yeast along with the egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Then, beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl; turn once. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (1 to 1 ½ hours).
- Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the ⅔ cup brown sugar, the ¼ cup butter and corn syrup. Heat and stir over medium heat until butter has melted. Pour into bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- Roll dough to an 18x10-inch rectangle and spread the 2 tablespoons softened butter onto the dough.
- Combine the ¾ cup brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle onto dough. Sprinkle with nuts and, if desired, raisins.
- Roll the dough up into a spiral, starting from a long side. Pinch seams to seal.
- Cut dough crosswise into 12 even slices. Arrange slices, cut sides down, in the prepared baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly double (about 30 to 40 minutes).
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Invert rolls onto a wire rack or serving platter. Cool slightly.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredient.
© Copyright 2007, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.