- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and yeast; set aside. In a small saucepan heat LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk, 1/3 cup butter, granulated sugar, and salt until warm (120 to 130 degrees F) and butter is almost melted. Add to flour mixture along with egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl; turn once. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a small saucepan combine the 2/3 cup brown sugar, the 1/4 cup butter and corn syrup. Heat and stir over medium heat until butter has melted. Pour into bottom of prepared pan; set aside. Roll dough to an 18x10-inch rectangle. Spread with the 2 tablespoons softened butter. Combine the 3/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle onto dough. Sprinkle with nuts and, if desired, raisins. Roll up into a spiral, starting from a long side. Pinch seams to seal.
- Cut dough crosswise into 12 even slices. Arrange slices, cut sides down, in the prepared baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly double (about 30 to 40 minutes).
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Invert rolls onto a wire rack or serving platter. Cool slightly.
© Copyright 2007, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.