2 cups LACTAID® Whole Milk
2 large egg yolks
1/2 cup egg substitute
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons instant-espresso powder*
1 pinch salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract**
1 (17.5 ounce) pouch dry sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup English toffee syrup
1/4 cup coffee flavored syrup
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons caramel syrup
2 tablespoons crushed toffee candy
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, whisk all the ingredients except the vanilla until well combined. Heat over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and continue to whisk for several minutes until mixture begins to cool. Pour into heatproof bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap onto the surface. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cookie mix, butter, egg whites and English toffee syrup until combined. Spread mixture into spring form pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan and allow to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, bring the coffee syrup to a simmer and reduce by one-third. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream for one minute. Continue beating and slowly add the confectioners sugar and reduced coffee syrup. Beat until soft peaks form. Place in a pastry bag with a decorative tip. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cut the cookie in half lengthwise with a thin, long knife. Set top half aside.
- Cut the bottom half into 10 wedges and place in a circle on a serving platter. Evenly spread the pastry cream on top.
- Cut the top half into 10 wedges and place in a circle on top of the pastry cream
- Decoratively pipe whipped cream on top of cookie. Garnish with caramel syrup and crushed candy.