These fritters are wonderful little bundles of flavor that are an alternative to bread at breakfast or brunch. Serve them with hot with butter and marmalade.
4 cups canola oil, for frying
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Optional Garnish: Butter or marmalade (such as pineapple or mango)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Check if the oil is hot enough by sprinkling a bit of flour into it. If the flour sizzles right away, the oil is ready.
- Spoon about 5 or 6 walnut-size balls of the batter, very carefully, into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove fritters and place on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain while frying the remaining fritters.
- Serve the fritters hot with butter and marmalade if desired.
* Nutrition information does not include optional butter and marmalade, or fruit.