Holiday Bundt Cake with Maple Icing
Recipe by: Marcela Valladolid
Get ready to bring the cheer with this holiday party crowd pleaser! Our cottage cheese adds extra moisture to this delicious treat.
1 ½ cups margarine, melted and cooled to room temperature
3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar
½ cup pure maple syrup
LACTAID® Cottage Cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat pan with bake spray and flour.
- Place butter in a saucepan over low heat to melt; set aside.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor or blender and pulse until pureed and no lumps remain. Consistency will be similar to sour cream. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment and add melted butter, LACTAID® Cottage Cheese and sugar into stand mixer bowl. Mix on medium-low for about 1 minute or until well combined. Add in vanilla and salt and mix until well combined. While mixer is running, add eggs in one at time and mix well after each addition. Turn mixer down to low and keep mixer running while gradually adding in flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, approximately 60-70 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto a cooling rack with topside down. Cool completely before cutting.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, and maple syrup. Whisk ingredients together until combined. Drizzle on top of bundt cake and add your favorite holiday decorations to make this dessert a holiday party crowd pleaser.