#MilkTheMoments - Try this lactose free homemade ice cream sandwich recipe made with LACTAID Milk and Salted Caramel Chip Ice Cream! Perfect for a summer party snack or ice cream night treat, these chocolate dipped ice cream sandwiches will satisfy your sweet tooth without discomfort.
For the cookie dough:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread flour on a foil or parchment-covered baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. (This helps to remove the raw flour taste.) Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream coconut oil and sugars.
- Turn the mixture off and stir in LACTAID® 2% Milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir flour into the mixture until completely absorbed, then stir in non-dairy chocolate chips until combined.
- Line 1-9x13 baking sheet with lightly oiled waxed paper. Press the dough into a pan and place another piece of lightly oiled wax paper over the top (oiled side down against the dough.)
- Place another baking sheet over the wax paper and press down hard all over. Dough should be an even layer about 1/4 inch thick. Freeze dough sheets until firm, about 1 hour.
- Peel the top layer of waxed paper off the dough. Gently cut the dough in half.
- Scoop the LACTAID® Salted Caramel Chip Ice Cream onto one half of the dough. Spread in an even layer over the dough sheet.
- Carefully top with the second dough sheet, pressing down gently into the ice cream.
- Cover the entire slab with plastic wrap, and place the sandwich sheet back in the freezer overnight to firm.
- Remove the ice cream sandwich from the freezer, allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the sandwich into 6 even squares and place back in the freezer, until ready to dip.
Prepare the chocolate sauce:
- In a saucepan, on medium low heat, melt together the coconut oil and sugar over medium heat.
- Add the cocoa powder and whisk until combined.
- Remove from heat. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dip each sandwich, halfway into the chocolate sauce and place back on the baking sheet.
- Freeze for 10 to 15 until the chocolate sauce has hardened.