Recipe by: Makers of LACTAID® Brand Products
Try this easy homemade lasagna recipe for your next family meal! Made with Lactaid® Cottage Cheese, Italian sausage, tomatoes and more, this lasagna is lactose free and full of flavor that the whole family will enjoy!
Yield: 18 servings
box (~15 pcs) lasagna noodles
(12 oz.) sliced mushrooms
italian sausage (not rope)
crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
tomato paste (6 oz.)
fresh basil (chopped)
containers <a href="/products/lactaid-cottage-cheese">LACTAID® Cottage Cheese</a> (drained, 16 oz each)
shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook lasagna according to package direction. Set aside on sprayed parchment paper.
- Place the olive oil, onions, mushrooms, salt and italian herbs into a large saucepan and cook on medium burner, stirring frequently. Cook until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Drain vegetables well in a collander. Add them into the pot and cook for an aditional 5 minutes. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, totmato paste and fresh basil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set sauce aside.
- Brown the sausage until done and drain the grease. Add the cooked sausage to the tomato sauce.
- Place the LACTAID® Cottage Cheese in a collander and drain the excess of liquid, stirring with a spatula.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the LACTAID® Cottage Cheese, eggs and parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 15"x10" baking dish with vegetable spray and layer 5 of the lasagna noodles, one of the will be perpendicular. Ladle 1/2 of the LACTAID® Cottage Cheese on top and spread evenly. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded mozarella on top. Dollop 1/3 of the sauce on top and spread evenly. Place 5 more lasagna noodles on top and repeat the previous steps. Place the last 5 lasagna noodles on top, spread the last 1/3 of the sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Wrap with aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes. Take off foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let lasagna rest a few minutes before cutting.
Serving Size: One Piece
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8g
Calories from Fat 70
Saturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
Dietary Fiber 2g