This lactose free brioche bread pudding recipe is baked in creamy custard with a cinnamon and peach marmalade filling. This recipe makes for a delicious and sophisticated lactose free dessert that everyone will love! A cinnamon-peach filling is sandwiched between slices of brioche then baked in a creamy custard.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 13x9 inch-baking dish, set aside.
- Slice brioche and place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Place filling ingredients in a large saucepan. Simmer over medium low heat for 35-45 minutes or until beginning to thicken. Remove from heat, pour into a heat resistant bowl and refrigerate about 30-40 minutes or lightly chilled.
- Place half of the brioche slices in the prepared pan. Spoon peach mixture over brioche and top with remaining brioche.
- Prepare custard. Whisk LACTAID® Low Fat Milk, vanilla, eggs, yolks and salt together in a small mixing bowl. Pour over brioche in the baking dish. Let stand 5 minutes before baking so bread can partially absorb LACTAID® Low Fat Milk mixture.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the pudding and bake 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving.