How do you create a slice of heaven? With this delicious Toasted Coconut Tres Leches Cake recipe! Made with 100% real milk, just without the lactose, this is the perfect lactose-free dessert that you can enjoy, even if you’re sensitive.
For the cake:
For the topping:
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 by 9 baking pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar, coconut sugar and eggs on medium speed until thickened and pale. Add vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the sugar and egg mixture until just combined. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake cake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, mix together Lactaid 2% Milk, condensed coconut milk and evaporated coconut milk. Set aside.
- After the cake has baked, allow it to cool for 5 minutes then poke with a toothpick all over the surface of the cake. Pour the milk mixture over the warm cake and allow to soak in for 30 minutes.
- After the cake is completely cooled, top with coconut whipped topping, toasted coconut flakes and raspberries. Chill for 2 hours, or up to 24 hours, and serve.