A heavenly mix of savory and flaky, this fennel and caramelized onion quiche will satisfy even the heartiest appetite.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan, cook onion, salt and pepper in olive oil over medium low heat until soft and golden, about 15 minutes. Add fennel, and cook for another 10 minutes, until very soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute, and then remove from heat to cool a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk together until the eggs are completely incorporated, then add in the onion-fennel mixture and the Swiss cheese.
- Unfold the pastry sheet and gently place in a deep 9-inch pie pan. Pour the egg mixture into the pan, and arrange filling so that toppings are evenly dispersed.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until quiche is firm and crust is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.