Recipe by: Makers of LACTAID® Brand Products
#MilkTheMoments - hostess with the mostest
Yield: 6 servings
dairy-free semisweet chocolate morsels
plus 1 T coconut oil
smooth, natural peanut butter
LACTAID® 2% Milk, divided
packet unflavored gelatin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Over a double boiler, melt the coconut oil and dairy-free chocolate morsels over low heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir until combined. Remove the bowl from heat.
- Slowly whisk in the eggs until the mixture thickens. Stir in the flour, salt and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Pour batter into the baking pan, and bake on the middle rack for about 20 to 25 minutes minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely before removing from the pan. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
For the peanut butter pudding:
- In a medium saucepan, stir sugar, cornstarch and salt together over medium heat.
- Slowly add milk while whisking constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook, whisking constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
For the whipped topping:
- In a microwave-safe dish, add 1/4 cup of LACTAID® 2% Milk.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the milk, and set aside to bloom for about 5 minutes.
- Heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds until just melted.
- In a chilled stand mixer bowl or chilled bowl, add remaining 1 cup of LACTAID® 2% Milk, sugar, gelatin mixture and vanilla extract.
- Beat beat on high for about 15 to 20 minutes until stiff peaks form. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Layer 4 brownie cubes into bottom of jar
- Top with 4 tablespoons peanut butter pudding.
- Dollop with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately.