1 box (about 15 pieces) lasagna noodles
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 cup diced red bell pepper
2 cup sliced zucchini
2 cups sliced mushrooms
¼ cup shredded carrot
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon hot sauce (Franks)
½ tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon black pepper
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
2 large eggs
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
LACTAID® Cottage Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook lasagna according to package directions. Set cooked pasta aside on parchment paper.
- Place the olive oil, onions, garlic and Italian herbs into a large saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the remainder of the vegetables and cook them for an additional 5 minutes. Drain vegetables in a colander and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, stir in the crushed tomatoes, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Mix in tomato paste. Set sauce aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together LACTAID® Cottage Cheese, eggs and parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 15-inch by 10-inch baking dish with vegetable spray and lay out approximately 5 of the lasagna noodles, or as many will fit across the baking dish.
- Ladle ½ of the LACTAID® Cottage Cheese on top and spread evenly. Sprinkle ⅓ of the shredded mozzarella on top. Dollop ⅓ of the sauce on top and spread evenly.
- Place approximately 5 more lasagna noodles on top and repeat the previous steps.
- Place the last 5 lasagna noodles on top and spread the last ⅓ of the sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Wrap the baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take off foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let the Lasagna rest a few minutes before cutting.