Recipe by: Makers of LACTAID® Brand Products
Yield: 4 servings
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup diced pineapple
1/2 cup sliced banana
Ground cinnamon to taste
- Heat LACTAID® Fat Free Milk in a heavy medium-sized saucepan until it starts to boil. Add coconut; remove from heat. Cover and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Puree LACTAID® Fat Free Milk mixture in blender for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Pour this mixture into the saucepan and whisk in the LACTAID® Fat Free Milk mixture and egg.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Pour into mixing bowl, stir in vanilla and let cool completely.
- Combine pineapple and banana. Evenly divide half of the fruit mixture among 4 glasses. Top with pudding and cover with remaining fruit.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and chill for 1 hour.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 4.27g
Calories from Fat 38.39kcal
Saturated Fat 3.10g
Total Carbohydrate 33.91g
Dietary Fiber 1.26g