Recipe by: Makers of LACTAID® Brand Products
Parker House rolls, known for their soft crust and trademark fold, are perfect with just about any meal.
Yield: 24 servings
- In a large mixing bowl stir together 2 cups of the flour and the yeast; set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Milk, sugar, the 1/3 cup butter, and salt just until warm (120 to 130 degrees F). Add to flour mixture. Add egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- On a floured surface, knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total); shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl; turn once. Cover; let rise until double (45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Punch the dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness; cut out with a floured 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter. Brush with some of the 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- To shape rolls, use a table knife or spoon handle to make a slightly off-center crease in each round. Fold the large half over the small half, overlapping slightly. Press the folded edge firmly. Place 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise until nearly double (20 to 25 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush rolls with the remaining melted butter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly on wire racks.
© Copyright 2007, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved
Serving Size: 1 roll
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 4.46g
Calories from Fat 39.50kcal
Saturated Fat 2.75g
Total Carbohydrate 19.33g
Dietary Fiber 0.44g