Leeks and asparagus, the fresh green vegetables that say spring has finally arrived, combine with a creamy herb sauce and your favorite pasta.
1 (16 ounce) package pasta (your favorite shape)
3 cups finely chopped leeks
1 pound asparagus
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
3 tablespoons finely chopped basil
Salt and pepper, to taste
LACTAID® Lactose-Free Whole Milk
- Cook pasta following package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Wash and clean leeks, removing any dirt that may have gathered in the stalk. Finely chop leeks. Set aside.
- Chop asparagus into 2-inch lengths, discarding any tough ends.
- Pour olive oil into a large frying pan. Heat oil over low heat. Add asparagus and leeks. Cook vegetables 6 to 8 minutes, or until almost done. Add LACTAID® Lactose-Free Whole Milk, parsley and basil.
- Simmer over medium heat until LACTAID® Lactose-Free Whole Milk has reduced and started to thicken, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.