These cute and colorful muffins are packed with juicy, sweet strawberries and tender oats. A sprinkle of sugar on top lends for the perfect golden brown crunch. Perfect for breakfast on the go, or a midday snack!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a muffin pan with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped strawberries and granulated sugar. Mix until strawberries are coated and begin to release their juices. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Combine oil, vanilla extract, LACTAID® 2% Milk, apple cider vinegar and egg in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add strawberries. Mix until strawberries are thoroughly coated with flour.
- Add milk and oil mixture to flour and strawberries, and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the tops begin to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before eating.