Recipe by: Makers of LACTAID® Brand Products
Yield: 8 servings
non-dairy buttery stick, margarine, or butter, at room temperatur
eggs, room temperature
vanilla bean, scraped
<a href="/products/lactaid-milk/lactaid-reduced-fat-2-milk">LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Milk</a>, divided
For the ganache:
bittersweet chocolate chips
<a href="/products/lactaid-whole-milk">LACTAID® Whole Milk</a> or <a href="/products/lactaid-milk/lactaid-reduced-fat-2-milk">LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Milk</a>
To finish – serving suggestion – optional*
raspberries, washed and dried
Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
fresh mint or basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a piece of parchment paper fitted to the bottom of 10" round cake pan or a 9" square cake pan. Spray the pan with non-stick spray, add the parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with a handheld mixer on medium high until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in completely.
- Add the vanilla bean scrapings and mix.
- In a small bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter, then add 1/4 cup LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Milk, followed by the remaining flour mixture and 1/4 cup milk, mixing on low between each addition.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake until cake springs under light touch and starting to turn a little golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cake cool before removing cake from pan.
- Make the ganache: Place the chocolate chips into a medium bowl. Heat the milk in the microwave oven until hot but not boiling, about 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the hot milk over the chocolate and cover with a piece of foil or a small plate (to keep the heat in) and let sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture into a smooth creamy chocolate sauce.
Serving Size: 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 14g
Calories from Fat 120
Saturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
Dietary Fiber 1g