- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and ginger. Beat until well combined but not foamy. Place six 6-ounce custard cups in a large shallow baking pan on oven rack. Pour egg mixture into custard cups. Pour hot water into pan around custard cups to reach halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near centers comes out clean. Remove cups from water. Cool on a wire rack at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for plum sauce, in a medium saucepan combine plums, 1/3 cup sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 8 minutes or until plums are tender. Stir together water and cornstarch. Stir into plum mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- To serve, unmold the custards onto dessert plates. Spoon the plum sauce over custards.